Acti 9 iPRF1, PRD1
Type 1 Surge Protection Devices
Type 1 and type 1+2, surge arresters (acc. to IEC 61643-11:2011, EN 61643-11:2012)
protect electrical equipment against direct lightning strikes (tested and rated according to standardised of 10/350μs current wave)
specified by IEC/EN 62305-2 in commercial and industrial buildings protected by a lightning conductor or a meshed cage,
- Impulse current, Iimp
- 12.5 kA for iPRF1 12.5r : suitable for buildings with protection levels III and IV
- 25 kA for PRD1 25r and PRD1 Master, 35 kA for PRF1 Master : suitable for buildings with protection levels I and II
- must be associated with a suitable disconnection device, fuse or circuit breaker: see coordination table
- iPRF1 12.5r and PRD1 25r are also type 2 rated (8/20 µs) and protect the electrical equipment by finely clipping the voltage surge
- suitable for 230/400V 50/60Hz networks, with earthing system TT, TN-S, TN-C. PRF1 Master suitable for 440V IT system-earthed also.
Fixed or cartridge plugin surge arresters. PRD1 surge arresters are fitted with easy-to-replace removable cartridges.
Multiple-pole or single-pole device to be assembled.
Output contacts for remote transfer of end-of-life information (for Acti9 Smartlink or other input./output device)
- Protection of electrical installations in all industrial and tertiary buildings against induced or conducted surges resulting from direct lightning strokes
Have a question?Search our library of technical questions, videos, guides and answers. Find an answer
Looking for a wholesaler?A simple tool to easily locate your nearest store selling Schneider Electric products. Find your local wholesaler
Ready to order?Save time by starting your sales enquiry online. Simply chat online with our sales team or leave a message. Contact sales