Resistance heaters with safetyEnd of commercialisation
With a double objective:
- To prevent the formation of condensation inside the enclosure.
- To reheat the electrical switchboard when the temperature is too low for the components to operate correctly.
Large range of solutions
- 30 models.
- Insulated or aluminium versions.
- Versions with natural convection or fan.
- Cooling power from 10 to 1,200 W.
- According to the input voltage: 12 V to 450 V AC/DC.
- Certifications: CUL
Heat with safety!
- The humidity in the switchboard can be regulated.
- Small size.
- Fitted with a PTC-type heating element that stabilises the surface temperature of the aluminium section.
- In two versions: insulated, with low surface temperature and in aluminium with a surface temperature below 75 ºC. (At -5ºC ambient temperature)
- The fan-equipped resistance heaters guarantee the temperature inside the enclosure and prevent hot spots.
Resistance heaters can be used for two reasons:
- To reheat the electrical switchboard when the ambient temperature is too low for the components to operate correctly.
- To prevent the formation of condensation.
The second phenomenon can cause short-circuits, premature oxidation of the contacts, corrosion of metal parts and, in particular, of the enclosure, a considerable reduction in the service life of the electrical and electronic components.
Condensation occurs when the temperature suddenly drops below the dew point temperature.
To avoid this, it is simply necessary to maintain the temperature inside the enclosure at a few degrees above the ambient temperature of the environment.
Thanks to their design, the heaters encourage natural convection and guarantee quick and even heating within the enclosure.
Have a question?Search our library of technical questions, videos, guides and answers. Find an answer
Looking for a wholesaler?A simple tool to easily locate your nearest store selling Schneider Electric products. Find your local wholesaler
Ready to order?Save time by starting your sales enquiry online. Simply chat online with our sales team or leave a message. Contact sales