Advanced Process Control (APC) is a software tool that collects information from the process and field devices (via supervisory, historian, and control systems). It then applies the right control strategy according to process requirements, to determine optimised set points for the most efficient performance of the system. APC strategies are also able to work with constraints and resolve conflicting process objectives.
>Find out more about Schneider Electric Optimisation solutions
APC reduces operator stress, since it is able to analyse multiple variable scenarios and adapt quickly to compensate for process changes. In addition, APC helps operators who lack the experience to quickly make complicated calculations and adjustments.
- Process control agnostic.
- Easy to use/is intuitive.
- Requires minimal maintenance.
- Provides support for generic equations.
- Rich graphical interface and visualisation tools.
- Tablet and touch-screen friendly.
- Adaptable to diverse control strategies (Rules, Model Predictive Controls, etc.)
- Live trends (performance vs. constraints).
Optimises energy consumption.
Uses less fuel.
Reduce process variability.