PresentationData Center Operation: Server Access is a software only application that provides full lifecycle access to the server Operating System (OS) and the Base Management Card (BMC) for controlling multiple IT devices from a single console via remote management. Power cycling enables users to remotely access servers when they are offline, and power up/down or restart servers, even when the server OS is down. Server Access enables both in-band and out-of-band access to servers. Access the BIOS (basic input/output system) or the BMC directly from the DCIM software to solve hardware problems preventing a server from booting normally.
- BIOS configuration - Access BIOS settings and configurations directly from the DCIM software to solve hardware problems preventing a server from booting normally.
- Consol access - Remotely control and manage IT devices through software KVM for lights out data center management.
- OS access - Connect to the operating system via RDP, SSH and VNC.
- Power cycling - Access servers remotely whether they are on or offline for instant control and reboot.
- Primary in-band management - Access both server OS and BMC through the primary network to solve any issues.
- Multi-vendor asset support - Provides support for multiple types of IT assets and hardware platforms.
- One-to-many device control - View, configure and control multiple vendor’s IT devices through one console for secure and easy server management.
- Physical location - Provides visibility to exactly where your servers are placed within the data center for an accurate inventory and overview.
- Software only KVM - Reduce costs by eliminating the need for hardware appliances in the data center.