C-Bus C-Touch Spectrum & Black and White MKII - Recovery process
If your C-Touch Spectrum or Black & White MKII has had the reset button pressed or needs to be recovered after a file corruption run through the following steps.
Remove the fasica from the touch screen, below the blue LED you will see a round hole which leads to the reset button or this might be covered with a yellow or black label.
IMPORTANT: When this reset button is pressed it will erase the Firmware and the Project files from the unit,
To reset the unit you would typically press this button for a few seconds Once pressed the unit will reboot to show a black screen ONLY but will show the blue LED being ON.
To now recover the unit, download and install the PICED software from http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads
- Create a new blank project based on either the Black and White or Spectrum MKII's
- On the main toolbar in PICED click on Transfer
- Now select - Recover C-Touch 2 or Spectrum
- This will open a window where you can select the currect firmware typically located here: C:\Clipsal\PICED\Firmware
- After you have selected the *.mot file it may prompt to select the correct Com Port otherwise it will now transfer the firmware.
- Once completed and after the unit has rebooted, it should now say this unit need's programing before first use.
- You can now transfer the project to the unit.