Can you arm a NESS alarm panel with MiniCentral from a C-Bus Switch?
Yes, it is possible to arm the system from a C-Bus wall switch, but you are not able to disarm from a single C-Bus Group address as this is a security vulnerability
You will require the Ness MiniCentral Software
- Connect a 9pin Serial cable from your PC to Com1 on the MiniCentral
- Open the NESS MiniCentral Software
- You will see 'Area Application' - this relates to the C-Bus Application for Lighting and needs to match the Application that the Group command will be received from
- You will also see 'Area Identity' - this is the 3 digit number that relates to the Group Address, (Example: Group 'Security Arm' = Group Address: 223)
Enter 223 in this field as this is what the NESS MiniCentral will respond to, to arm the system.
On the NESS Alarm Keypad:
- Enter Program Mode
- Press P202E or any memory location that is not currently used for a user code (P202E - P255E)
- For this example press P202E enter 223 then enter, then repeat to confirm, once confirmed this will flash back 223 on the keypad screen.
- Press P and E to exit
- Open a Key input unit (Switch)
- on a free key Select the group 'Security Arm' if not created, create a new group address and select for this example the 223 address that was entered in the alarm system.
- Save to unit.
Group Address 223 is used as an example, but you are limited to 3 digits that are in the C-Bus lighting group address range (000-254)
Once this has been completed you will be able to press the button on the keyinput and this will arm the Alarm System.